Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 8: Beating the Nicotine Cravings

A lesson in craving today.  I knew that I was going to come upon a stressful event later on in the day.  This brought upon a cluster of cravings that lasted for a little while.  I told myself that smoking is not going to make this event any less stressful.  In fact, if I smoked I would probably be more stressed out because I would be really disappointed in myself.  I talked myself through to the event, kept delaying.  When the appointment actually happened it all turned out to be good.  There was nothing to stress over in the first place.  I felt so good to have conquered a part of the old addictive me and my old ways.  I have been trying so hard to become healthier and more conscious of my body.  Instead of giving into every little whim that my addictive brain demands I am trying to make conscious decisions about my health.  It feels good.  It is hard work and defiantly not the easy road.  The reward at the end of the day is worth the effort.

I am still walking every day and enjoying every minute of it.  These morning walks really do feed the soul.  Two pictures I was able to get today really embody what a reward not smoking is.  My smoking self would have been home - smoking and drinking coffee.  I would have missed this moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment