Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I did to Prepare for Quitting Nicotine

The Pregame Preparations


  • I put together a craving bag, which has almonds, a journal, a box of green tea, crochet needles and yarn, Altoids and a Sharpie marker.  I will add to my bag of tricks as I go along.  I am carrying this bag with me everywhere to help me with the cravings.
  • I bought some detox foods to make me feel good about taking care of my body.  Green tea, lemons, juice, apples, almonds etc. etc.
  • Until the cravings aren't as big of a deal, I am going to mark a tally mark on my arm for each craving so I have a physical reminder of how much I am accomplishing.
  • I did not choose a quit date - as those cause me more stress instead of hype me up.
  • Mornings are my most challenging.  I started my quit after my morning routine, so I have a few cravings under my belt for motivation the next morning. Not a great way to start out the day but it works for me.
  • We will see how this works.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment