Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 17: Time Distortion

Wow.  The days really are flying by.  It is hard to believe that I have not ingested nicotine for 17 whole days.  Before all this the whole prospect of quitting smoking frightened me completely.  It has been hard for me to visualize having a good number of days under my feet.  I have been so busy living day to day and sometimes by the hour and of course three minute intervals that the fact that I have gone so long is very exciting.

Quitting smoking is a full time job.  We must always stay on top of our addictive minds, constantly reassuring ourselves, moving through cravings and getting through the day.  When I lay my head down at night and my chest doesn't burn, my hair still smells good and my fingers do not smell of smoke I feel the fruit of my labors.

I am still dealing with sinus problems and a sore throat.  I also have two canker sores that make it hurt to eat or talk.  Lastly, I am dealing with a terrible case of heartburn which I never have had before.  I am not coughing up phlegm or mucus very much.  It feels as if my body is rebelling against me.  Grrr.






No comments:

Post a Comment