Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 24: Warm Enough to Walk

I went on a very long hike today.  It finally warmed up enough to get out and enjoy the outdoors again and it felt so good to move my body.  I can really tell a difference in my breathing while hiking steep hills.  My muscles seem to warm up faster, and I am able to climb without as much muscle fatigue.  I know that I am nowhere near where I need to be, but it feels really good to exercise.


We actually climbed around the backside of a pretty large rock outcropping.  I am scared to death of anything higher than ten feet.  Our trail was next to a straight four story drop.  Amazing views, but my adrenaline was really pumping.
With not smoking, I have come to value this exercise. I am grateful for the mild winter, as February in Colorado is usually quite chilly.  Today, I only wore a t-shirt.  Fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment